Applications are accepted through the Electronic Residency Application Services (ERAS®). The Fellowship Program participates in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP®) Specialties Matching Service (SMS).
To find the pediatric palliative care fellowship in ERAS, look for the following identifying information:
Sponsoring Institution: Children’s Hospital/Boston Medical Center Program 
Specialty: Hospice and palliative medicine
Program ID: 45896
- Applicants must have completed an ACGME-accredited residency program, an AOA-approved residency program, a program with ACGME International (ACGME-I) Advanced Specialty Accreditation, or a Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC)-accredited or College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC)-accredited residency program located in Canada.
Prerequisite education must be completed in an accredited residency program in child neurology, family medicine, internal medicine, pediatrics, physical medicine and rehabilitation, neurology, or radiation oncology; or, at least three clinical years in residency program in anesthesiology, emergency medicine, obstetrics and gynecology, psychiatry, radiology, or surgery.
- Applicants for the pediatric fellowship must be board-certified in pediatrics or board eligible with demonstration of active pursuit of certification.
- Pediatric: Applicants must be board-certified in pediatrics or board eligible with demonstration of active pursuit of certification
- Curriculum vitae
- A personal statement describing the applicant's interest in and commitment to an academic career in palliative care
- Three letters of recommendation, one of which should be from the applicant's department head, program director, or division chief
- USMLE transcript
- August 12: Applications accepted via ERAS®
- September 11: Application deadline (we do not review applications submitted after this date)
- September-October: Interviews conducted
- Early December: Match results released
For more information about the Match process, please visit the NRMP® website.